Monday, February 16, 2009

La Segunda Semana


It has been a good second week, I have accomplished many things already since arriving here almost three weeks ago. Since I last wrote, I have been to a football game (I have decided that I will now only refer to soccer as football and the other as American-football as to give it a hyphenated name, implying a deviation from the original and better.), which was awesome, went to a tango show and also to an authentic family asado (BBQ). They were all great experiences, but only the former and latter would be worth a second chance.

The football game was at the Boca Juniors stadium against the Newells Oldboys, located about 20-30 blocks south of my house. I went with the two other people living in my house, the 25 yr old American and the British guy. We sat in the general section, squeezed amongst the ever enthusiastic fanatics all jumping and singing in unison, cheering on their warriors. Last time Boca played against their arch-nemesis, River, 5 people died... Football here is amazing, I would definitely go again! (Boca lost 0-2 against Newells Oldboys....)

The Tango show was ehhh. The dancing was fun to watch, the food was good but the singers were a snooze-fest. There were three couples, two singers and a live band of old men playing various instruments. The best part of the show, hands down, was the helado (ice cream) that we were served for dessert, it was very tasty (for lack of a better adjective...).

The Asado was very nice, it was at a friend of a friend's house. The house was located about an hour outside of the city, in a nice suburban town. For food, we had sausage link sandwiches ( and remember this isn't processed Ballpark Franks either), pork tenderloin, and blood sausage. I was actually suprised by how much I enjoyed the blood sausage but I am still fuzzy on what exactly is in it....some things are better left unknown I guess.

Well, that concludes this week's adventure in Mi Vida Loca

Ps I don't have many pictures because these events haven't really been picturesque. Other people took pictures though so when i get them I will just put them on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tango is MANDATORY. Forget the demo's and learn yourself. Who will believe you have stayed in Argentina and not learned to Tango.