Monday, May 11, 2009

Relapse

So I have finally received my computer after a month of repairs and a few trips to the MacStore, so I guess I am back on this blogging stuff.

So I have decided to just make this blog postings a chain of pictures with captions describing what is going on, since I have not really traveled anywhere recently I believe this is the quickest and most efficient way to get everyone up to speed with my life in BA.

First Iguazu Falls, our program flew up to Misiones to view these falls for a weekend. They were quite amazing and a whole lot better than the Niagara Falls. The first picture is taken on one of the many viewing platforms and the second is taken while on the boat which took us under the falls.
Next came my weekend adventure into the Cordoba area which is about 15 hours north-west of BA. We stayed in the town, where Che grew up during his childhood due to its dry climate, Alta Gracia. We visited, as day a trip, the village La Cumbrecita which had a few cascades of very cold water which we all went swimming under, it also had some nice local beer. From Alta Gracia we traveled to the second largest city in Argentina, Cordoba. There we just walked around the city and enjoyed our youth hostel, which included cooking up a nice bowl of Guacamole.

The last noteworthy event in my BA life in the past two months has been the visit of my college friend that took a 10 day break from his study abroad experience in Rio to see BA. We pretty much just wondered around the city for 10 days, taking in most of the touristy sites and making sure that Justin experienced as much as BA could offer in 10 days. These pictures pretty much sum up our week.

(full disclosure, this is Justin not me^)

OK, that's it. I am now in the midst of midterms and the last month and half of my stay here. My spanish has improved a lot since my arrival but I still have a pretty bad American/english accent when I speak it. I think I will be ready to come home when the time comes, especially with such fun events as the 4th...

No comments: